Friday 22 April 2011

T'Shirt Memory Quilt

This week I have been working on my first ever quilting project.  For a very long time I have been attracted to quilting but didn't know where to start and was quite overwhelmed by the thought of it.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and go for it.  I had been saving loads of Bethany's pretty T'shirts since she was born and I wanted to make them into quilt that she can use now but them pass on to her children.  I was surprised at how quickly it came together.  I enjoyed each step, even the hand stitching on the binding (I'm not a fan of hand stitching because I get a lot of pain in my wrists).  I can definately see how addictive quilting could be and it has given me the confidence to think about a bigger project.

6 comments:

Bless by Tone said...

wow - this is really cute - also noticed you're a twin, I have twin girls. Happy Easter, Tone

chris said...

Oh, this is gorgeous. I love all the personal touches with the embroidery. Happy Easter!

Mark said...

Wow that is absolutley lovely Charmaine! You are so talented! Bethany is vey lucky to have you.
Mark

Lindy said...

It's beautiful! I've always wanted to quilt something. Great job. I hopped over from Sarahndipities and I'm glad I did!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Hey good to "meet" you and welcome to the crazy addictive land of quilting and blogging! Nice to meet another new Brit too.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Wow that is a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see the next one!