Friday 3 June 2011

Ok, so now I have another addiction...

Since I made my the T'Shirt quilt for Bethany I have become addicted to the idea of quilting.  Ok, so this is a little out of seanson, because we're in June but....

a couple of years ago I bought a design pack from Embroidery Library when they were having one of their fantastic special deals - "Night Before Christmas".  This story has been part of our family Christmas tradition since I was a child and I finally feel like I'm ready to have a go at making a quilt with the designs.  I know its going to take me a lonnnggg time (there are 30 embroidered blocks without counting any of the extras in the pack) so I wanted to start now in the hope that I would get it done by December!  

I've been trawling the web looking for Christmas fabrics to use in the quilt.  I have to say, I can't believe how much cheaper fabric is in the US.  A lot of the fabric I found was the same price in dollars as it is in pounds in the UK.  So I have ordered some fabric from America, because even with the postage cost, it works out cheaper than buying it in the UK - how crazy is that?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the process at the moment.  I try to get one block embroidered a day - 10 stitched so far so I'm on target.  I can't wait to get my parcels in the post! :) 




No comments: