Tuesday 10 August 2010

Re-purposed Jewellery Board



Ok, so it turns out that I am really bad at posting. This doesn't come as a great surprise to me as I am always full of good intentions that don't last. But I have read so many great blogs lately it has prompted me to have another go.

So this is what I have been working on
lately; a new place to store my ever increasing collection of jewellery. I aquired a couple of peg boards from a shop that was closing down. I knew they would come in useful for something someday!

I started by painting it with cream coloured gloss. Then I raided my stash of scrapbook paper and choose come pretty flowers to
cut out. I applied them with Mod Podge (my first time trying this product and I think its great!). Finally I gave it a de-stressed look by using sandpaper around the edges of the board and voila! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Now I can see all my pretty necklaces in one place. Next I need one for my hats and bags!

3 comments:

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

What a great idea. I think I might have to borrow this one from you. I love how you applied the flowers on there. I've been trying to figure out a way to store my jewelry and the best I came up with so far, is hanging them on the bathroom door, towel hook. Every time I open the door or close, you hear all the necklaces bang and make a lot of noise.
I am a very new blogger, too, so I can relate when you say you are not very good at this. It is hard trying to figure out all these details, but with time, Im sure we will get the hang of it. Good luck, an keep up the good ideas. :)

Charmaine said...

Thanks so much for your kind words Bella. I've had a look at your blog - great stuff, you've got a lovely home. Keep smiling!

Liz said...

What a cute way to keep your jewelry organized. And anything that is cute and crafty that makes life a bit easier is a winner in my book.