Wednesday 11 August 2010

Thread Storage




I am addicted to buying embroidery thread but storing it has been a problem...until this display stand was donated to me.

Grey does nothing for me, so I gave it a couple of coats of ma
gnolia gloss. I bought some wooden dowel rods from my local DIY shop and cut them at various lengths to accommodate the different size spools. I painted them too and knocked them into the holes, playing around with how close I placed them together. Then I prettied the stand up with some bits from my scrapbooking stash. I am so chuffed with the result; I even have a place to store my hoops and ribbons!

Oh and I nearly forgot, I had to add some embroidery somewhere so I stitch
ed the "Keep Calm and Sew Stuff" design from Urban Threads and mounted it onto some thick cardboard. I love it love it love it!

No comments: